COVID-19 News and Updates
Here you will find news and updates from Hope Services about our response to the COVID-19 outbreak. Links to older items and to guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization are at the bottom of the page. Please practice social distancing and extra hygiene and stay safe!
October 2, 2020
As we close out the first nine months of 2020, and with Fall beginning, I reflect on the past six months. I am amazed and inspired by all of the pivots and changes we have made to ensure that no one in our community is left behind. I am inspired by Hope Services’ resiliency and I am certain we are coming out of this pandemic stronger. Thank you for your support.
Here are some updates:
- Our Mental Health Counseling Center continues to respond to the unpresented demand for services. Since March, we have seen a 12% increase in clients with anxiety and depression.
- Our new virtual program “From Hope to Home™” continues to grow with increased attendance.
- Charity Navigator has recently given Hope Services a PERFECT score of 100 out of 100 for our Financial Management. In addition, we are rated one of the Top-Rated Nonprofits by Great Nonprofits.
- The Hope Services Leadership Team has created a “Diversity and Inclusion Committee” comprised of concerned and interested Hope Services staff.
- We will present In Concert With Hope virtually tomorrow Saturday, October 3 at 5:30 pm so that you may enjoy performances by Jazz greats and multi-GRAMMY award nominees, saxophonist Mindi Abair and arranger/producer/pianist Shelly Berg from the comfort and safety of your own home.
Watch the concert promo video we aired on Comcast and meet April, a staff member and client of Hope Services. She has been with Hope for over 30 years and is the smiling face who greets everyone at Hope’s main office.
Tomorrow evening, we will premiere our new video featuring April and other clients of Hope Services. You won’t want to miss it!
Tickets are still available! Because this is a virtual concert the number of front row tickets we can offer is unlimited and you can purchase anytime at hopeservices.org/concert/.
Our event is exclusive to those that have registered for a ticket, received tickets through a sponsorship, as a guest, or received a ticket as a gift. A unique link will be sent tomorrow to watch the YouTube Livestream as early as 5:00 pm before our show officially begins at 5:30 pm!
We look forward to seeing you virtually tomorrow!
Charles “Chip” Huggins, JD
- Update to staff, clients and family members (May 29, 2020)
- Update to staff, clients and family members (May 1, 2020)
- Update to staff, clients and family members (April 17, 2020)
- Update to staff, clients and family members (April 3, 2020)
- Update to staff, clients and family members (March 25, 2020)
- Letter to staff, clients, and family members regarding coronavirus (March 11, 2020)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Get Your Home Ready (CDC)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Resources for Home (CDC)
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak (WHO)