COVID-19 News and Updates
Here you will find news and updates from Hope Services about our response to the COVID-19 outbreak. Links to older items and to guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization are at the bottom of the page. Please practice social distancing and extra hygiene and stay safe!
June 16, 2021
Dear Hope’s clients, caregivers, and family members,
I want to thank each and every one of you for your patience and understanding as we collectively navigate the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. At this time, we’re pleased to announce that we have established a timeline for our team and clients to return to in-person services.
Our office will begin reopening in three phases, and percentages of clients returning to in-person services will increase over time:
- June 15, 2021: 25%
- July 15, 2021: 50%
- August 15, 2021: 75%
The numbers above represent only 75% of total clients served, as the remaining 25% in many of our programs have requested to continue in our distance learning program From Hope to Home ™. It is the policy of Hope Services to provide a safe, healthy, and secure workplace for all employees and clients by implementing a Safety Re-entry Plan (SRP). Hope Services’ policies and protocols for responding to the COVID-19 pandemic will be based in safety for our staff, clients, and for the public we interact with on a daily basis.
Hope Services’ plan will also be aligned and consistent with local orders and ordinances of the counties where we operate, as well as the State of California’s COVID-19 Prevention Plan regulation. We will also follow recommendations from the federal government, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Hope Services COVID-19 Committee. Our knowledge and understanding of the COVID-19 virus continue to evolve, and our policies and plans will be updated as more information becomes available.
We’ve also changed a few key processes that will help keep everyone safe in the workplace. These updates include:
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection
- Social distancing requirements
- Daily temperature checks upon entry
- Face covering requirements
- Health & safety trainings for staff and clients
- Site occupancy limits
- Transportation protocols
- Meals & activities protocols
- Symptoms, positive test and quarantine protocols
Finally, I want to thank you once again for sticking with us during this time. As unprecedented as this past year has been, I’m confident we have the necessary policies and protocols in place to safely welcome our clients and employees back to in-person services.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Charles “Chip” Huggins, JD
- Update to staff, clients and family members (October 2, 2020)
- Update to staff, clients and family members (May 29, 2020)
- Update to staff, clients and family members (May 1, 2020)
- Update to staff, clients and family members (April 17, 2020)
- Update to staff, clients and family members (April 3, 2020)
- Update to staff, clients and family members (March 25, 2020)
- Letter to staff, clients, and family members regarding coronavirus (March 11, 2020)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Get Your Home Ready (CDC)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Resources for Home (CDC)
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak (WHO)