Training & Employment
Comprehensive services including job development, placement, and on-the-job coaching for individuals with developmental disabilities and mental health needs.
Hope Services supports participants in achieving their career goals by helping to place them in a job and providing personalized support.
- Individual Placement. The employment team matches a candidate to a job and a Hope job coach provides on-the-job training. Coaching services then decrease, but are provided as needed.
- Group Placement. The employment team identifies the right candidates for the group and provides them with initial on-the-job training and continuous support during work hours.
Our EMCC program also helps those seeking employment.
Project SEARCH is a unique, business-led, one-year internship program that takes place entirely at the host business site. Total workplace immersion facilitates a seamless combination of classroom instruction, career exploration, and relevant job skills training through strategically designed internships. The goal is integrated employment for graduates.
Project SEARCH teaches participants valuable skills through a combination of classroom instruction and internship experiences. This increases confidence and opportunities for future employment. Participants are taught about important concepts such as social skills in the workplace, teamwork, communication, and self-advocacy. They train for and work in jobs such as:
- Data Entry
- Stocking and Inventory
- Mail Processing
- Clerical Work
- Shipping and Receiving
- Environmental Services
- Food Safety and Preparation
- Lab Assistant
Hope has three ongoing Project SEARCH collaborations:
Service Eligibility for Community Employment
Service eligibility is determined by a regional center. Contact your Service Coordinator about the opportunity to participate.
- Be 18 years or older
- Be a client of a regional center
- Have a desire to obtain and maintain a job
Project SEARCH Eligibility
To qualify for Project SEARCH, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Have a desire to work
- Be a client of a Regional Center
- Have graduated or exited from high school by the program start date
Project SEARCH Manager