Volunteering at Hope Services may be the most fulfilling and rewarding time you set aside this year! Our participants would enjoy having members of our community be a part of Hope and a part of their lives in whatever capacity you can. If you are in Northern California and would like to volunteer in one of our programs or services or at one of our HopeTHRIFT stores, please fill out the form below.
In Concert with Hope Volunteers Needed
We need volunteers for our In Concert with Hope event on Saturday, June 13, 2020, at the Montalvo Arts Center, Saratoga.
- The week before the event, volunteers would help with name tags, assembly of gift bags, etc. at Las Colinas Lane office, San Jose
- Early afternoon day-of-event, volunteers would help with venue set-up or transporting items
- Late afternoon through evening day-of-event, volunteers would help with guest-related activities such as greeting/directing guests, check-in/out, Fund-In-Need, and tear down
HopeTHRIFT Volunteers Needed
We are always looking for individuals to volunteer at our stores. The work depends on the amount of time and how often you would like to volunteer, but some of the assignments are:
- Sort through donations for sellable and non-sellable items
- Maintain the sales floor: keep clothes racks neat and orderly by rehanging, straightening, recategorizing them into the proper size areas
- Straightening the shoes and bric-a-brac area
- Monitoring dressing rooms
- General merchandising of store
Corporate and other groups are also welcome! Assignments are contingent on the size of the group and the amount of time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to discuss.
One final experience I will never forget was my time at Hope Services in Mountain View, an organization aimed at assisting the developmentally disabled. During the weeks I volunteered at Hope Services, I made multiple friends – not only with fellow students, but also with the people I was assisting. It was a great learning experience and provided me with a different perspective on the needs of the physically and mentally challenged.” — Keshav Singh