Update to staff, clients and family members
April 17, 2020
Dear Friends and Stakeholders,
I would like to thank all of the frontline direct service providers, our partners, and our courageous staff who are delivering critical work, which is essential to the well-being of our clients in the six counties we provide services in. Since the shelter in place mandate, we have been providing services via the following programs:
- Homestart (150 clients served) - helps families with infants and toddlers (up to 5 years old) with developmental disabilities and mental health needs.
- Mental Health Services (1,366 clients served) - provides counseling, case management, and psychiatric services to those with a qualifying mental health diagnosis and a developmental disability.
- Supported Living Services (35 clients served, some 24/7) - provides a range of services and support to enable individuals to live in their own home. Health, safety and quality of life are the main goals.
- Independent Living Services (69 clients served)- focuses on skill acquisition and support for self-care, communication, and community membership.
- Community Employment (121 clients served) - supports participants in achieving their career goals by helping to place them in a job and providing personalized support.
In addition to the above direct essential services being provided, staff have been performing wellness checks on all of our approximately 3,250 clients and responding to their needs on an individual basis which include food, diapers, and all other essential living items.
Thank you for your continued support: without it, we could not do the work we do.
With much appreciation,
Charles “Chip” Huggins, JD