Our Mental Health Services staff are fluent in 13 languages besides English: Russian, Spanish, Japanese, Italian, French, Catalan, Cantonese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Hindi, Tagalog, German, and Vietnamese.
We have been active in researching more effective treatments for autism. In 2012 Hope’s Mental Health Services completed an innovative report on autism, led by Ann Fernandez, LMFT, which focused on effective ways to identify, assess, and treat psychiatric illnesses that impact individuals who also have autism. Clients who were involved in the project have been stabilized or have experienced improvements in their integration in social settings. You can read the original report here. In September 2015, Hope’s Mental Health Center presented its updated report to the 10th Congress of the European Society on Mental Health in Intellectual Disability in Firenze, Italy.
Our Children, Adolescent and Young Adult Services Include:
- Counseling/Behavioral Health Services: may include individual and group therapy, case management, rehabilitation counseling, psychotheraphy, psychiatric consultation with a family and child psychiatric physician, and individual consultation for parents to aid them in supporting their children, teens and transition age adolescents/young adults.
- Therapeutic Behavioral Service (TBS): available for children with extreme needs who required recent hospitalization, are at risk of hospitalization, or at risk of losing placement. They may qualify for intensive behavioral 1:1 treatment with parental consultation in the home, school, or community.
- Family Support and Education: educational and support meetings for families, significant others, and providers from Board & Care homes who serve people with mental health needs and developmental disabilities.
Our Adult Interventions Include:
- Behavioral Health: may include psychotherapy, rehabilitation counseling, cognitive behavior therapy, supportive therapy, behavior therapy, play therapy and other modalities as necessary to assist the individual in controlling troubling symptoms such as anxiety, depression or more severe cognitive and mood disorders.
- Case Management Services: may involve assistance in linking the adult to other community services to improve their quality of life.
- Psychiatric Services: including assessment by a psychiatrist, and medication if warranted.
- Registered Nurse Services: available to clients and their families.
- Behavioral Health-Management Groups: available to assist clients with management of health behaviors to promote longevity and healthy living.
- Family Support and Education: educational and support meetings for parents, caregivers, significant others,, and Board and Care staff who serve individuals with mental health needs and developmental disabilities.
- WRAP (Wellness and Recovery Action Plan) Services: Group experience to prevent crises, promote adaptive behaviors, and develop skills to maintain mental health stability.
- Autism and Co-occurring Disorders: Mental health treatment for people with autism and co-existing behavioral health problems.