The program is designed specifically for adults looking for retirement alternatives to the world of work or active day programming. The program design helps seniors age in place and continue to live in community housing. Hope’s Senior Services program is licensed through Community Care Licensing.
The Senior Program provides participants the opportunity to interact, socialize and enjoy educational and recreational activities within their communities.
Services and activities:
- Arts and Crafts
- Community Outings including typical experiences such as movies, museums, and lunch at local restaurants
- Direct case management and assessments
- Hobby Clubs; such as gardening, art, music, and cooking
- Community resource information and referrals
- Exercise and health related programming
- Transportation to local community activities during program hours
The program site is wheelchair accessible and has wheelchair accessible vehicles available for transportation during program hours. Adaptive equipment is available for the individual needs of the program participants. Staff have some competency in sign language.
The program is staffed by professionals trained in recreation and health related fields, with a special interest and commitment to older adults with developmental disabilities.