- Full Time
- Silicon Valley
- Job Description:
Provides individualized service to children and adolescents up to age 21 to assess and remediate identified behavioral challenges, which inhibit successful integration into the community. Services are provided in home, school and community settings. Work closely with clients, families and the Counseling Center team to determine training goals and ongoing success.
To improve the quality of life for people with developmental disabilities.
1. Provides 1:1 assessment, training and follow up in the consumer’s home and community as identified in their Mental Health and TBS assessments
2. Implements positive behavior programs for qualified clients in the community.
3. Assure compliance with safety and confidentiality standards.
4. Acts as a program monitor for assigned clients. Complete required forms and accountability documentation, incident reports, case notes, termination, client attendance, billing, and other required documentation.
5. Performs behavioral interventions as prescribed.
6. Assess and document client progress, performs quality control.
7. Maintains all assigned client case records. Participates in case reviews and goal planning. Schedule transportation, prepare required documentation, reporting.
8. Responsible for maintaining a professional relationship with consumers, parents, care providers, co-workers and appropriate others. Represents Hope in the community.
9. Acts as advocate on behalf of clients served, providing intervention and consultation as needed.
10. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
11. Perform other duties, as assigned, to assure efficiency of program services.
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or its equivalent as approved by SCCMH.
- Required Skills:
1. Interest and ability to understand and relate to children with developmental/mental health disabilities and behavioral challenges.
2. Working knowledge of handling aggressive/assaultive behaviors.
3. Ability to relate in a positive and constructive manner with clients, their families, the community and staff members.
4. Ability to accept supervision and work cooperatively as a member of the counseling support team
5. Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing, client performance and social behavior.
6. Knowledge and understanding of psychological and mental health disabilities, alternative communication systems and assistive technology.
7. Utilization of critical thinking skills in decision making situations, good organizational and record keeping skills.
8. Maintain valid CPR and First Aid certification.
9. Knowledge and commitment to the principles and concepts of normalization and a commitment to enhance community integration of adults with developmental disabilities
10. Flexible, positive and cooperative approach to scheduling and task prioritization in a consumer-driven environment.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Sick Time and more! In addition, we provide extensive training and ample career advancement opportunities through the award-winning Hope University,
- Salary: Competitive pay commensurate with experience.
- Salary Grade: 3
- Supervisory Responsibility: none
- Reports to: Program Manager
Extensive amount of time traveling in the local community, standing and walking. Exposure to individuals who may have assaultive behaviors. Exposure to dust, noise, pollens and various weather conditions; writing and computer work; use of variety of alternative transportation modes.
- Send Questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org