- Full Time
- Silicon Valley
- Job Description:
Provides individualized service to Hope clients to assess and remediate barriers, which inhibit successful integration into the community. May also provide travel and or in-home training and intervention as assigned for HOPE clients place in community employment settings. Work closely with clients and families to determine training goals and ongoing success.
To improve the quality of life for people with developmental disabilities.
1. Provides 1:1 assessment, training and follow up in the consumer’s home and community as identified in their ISP (Individual Service Plan).
2. Provides travel destination training for clients.
3. Assure compliance with safety and confidentiality standards.
4. Acts as a program monitor for assigned clients. Complete required forms and accountability documentation, incident reports, case recordings, termination, client attendance, billing, floor files, and other required documentation.
5. Performs task analysis and time studies for wage evaluations as required by DOL.
6. Assess and document client progress, performs quality control.
7. Maintains all assigned client case records. Participates in case reviews and goal planning. Schedule transportation, prepare required documentation, reporting.
8. Responsible for maintaining a professional relationship with consumers, parents, care providers, co-workers and appropriate others. Represents HOPE in the community.
9. Acts as advocate on behalf of clients served, providing intervention and consultation as needed.
10. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
11. Perform other duties, as assigned, to assure efficiency of program services.
High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent, plus one year of related experience working with people with disabilities in a rehabilitation environment.
- Required Skills:
1. Interest and ability to understand and relate with adults who have developmental/ multiple disabilities.
2. Ability to relate in a positive and constructive manner with clients, their families, the community and staff members.
3. Ability to accept supervision and work cooperatively as a team member with all Supported Living/Mobility and other Agency personnel.
4. Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing, client performance and social behavior.
5. Knowledge and understanding of physical and mental disabilities, alternative communication systems and assistive technology.
6. Utilization of critical thinking skills in decision making situations, good organizational and record keeping skills.
7. Maintain valid CPR and First Aid certification.
8. Knowledge and commitment to the principles and concepts of normalization and a commitment to enhance community integration of adults with developmental disabilities
9. Flexible, positive and cooperative approach to scheduling and task prioritization in a consumer-driven environment.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Sick Time and more! In addition, we provide extensive training and ample career advancement opportunities through the award-winning Hope University,
- Salary: $15.65/hr
- Salary Grade: 6
- Supervisory Responsibility: none
- Reports to: Program Coordinator
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Extensive amount of time traveling in the local community, standing and walking. Exposure to dust, noise, pollens and various weather conditions; writing and computer work; use of variety of alternative transportation modes.
- Send Questions to: email@example.com