- Full Time
- Silicon Valley
- Job Description:
Provides resources support and training to staff and clients to facilitate agency, program, and consumer goals. Supervision, hiring and training staff, budgeting and contract fulfillment, and assignments to perform or discharge special projects in areas of responsibility. Ensures maintenance of equipment, ordering of supplies, inventory and quality of service.
To improve the quality of life for people with developmental disabilities.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out the following functions:
1. Assures adequate program staffing through scheduling, recruitment, hiring, and orientation of direct service, substitute and volunteer staff as assigned. Provides all aspects of supervision, evaluation, and training of staff.
2. Acts as a resource for rehabilitation, program development, community based employment and activities, acts as a liaison between program services and the community.
3. Provides oversight of daily operations and services including case management, communications, and advocacy, assures quality services are provided in timely manner.
4. Assures timely communications with persons served, families, care providers, funding sources, staff, management and community.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of the Agency planning effort including departmental budgeting, policies and procedures, and the implementation of Agency goals.
6. Oversees accuracy and timeliness of billing, payroll, funding, DOL compliance, inventories, training records, and various internal and external reports.
7. Conducts tours, presentations and client intakes.
8. Assures compliance with all safety regulations.
9. In the absence of a manager, if assigned, may act in that capacity.
10. Provides direct service in program operations as needed to assure adequate staffing ratios.
11. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
12. May perform special projects or other duties as assigned to assure the efficiency of the program.
Must love working with people who have developmental disabilities and understand the rich personal rewards that are inherent with this type of work. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus three years of related experience working with people with disabilities in a rehabilitation environment.
- Required Skills:
1. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, database and spreadsheet
2. Ability to communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service
3. Ability to facilitate systems and checks to assure delivery of quality service and product to internal and external customers
4. Knowledge of the principles of management, supervision, planning, fiscal management, fair employment practices, regulations, safety, health and client rights
5. Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing
6. Knowledge of rehabilitation and program development
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Sick Time and more! In addition, we provide extensive training and ample career advancement opportunities through the award-winning Hope University,
- Salary: $4160/mo
- Salary Grade: 8
- Supervisory Responsibility: none
- Reports to: Program Manager
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Constant movement around service area, and travel into the community. Time spent sitting, using a computer station, periods of intense concentration, using the telephone, paperwork. Time spent in meetings, travel to various work site locations throughout three counties. Exposure to outdoor weather and environmental conditions.
- Send Questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org