- Part Time
- Silicon Valley
- Job Description:
Provides individualized support to consumers to identify barriers, create community participation and develop methods for accessing activities and services in community settings. Activities and services are defined by the consumer and his or her Person Centered Plan and Individualized Personal Plan.
To improve the quality of life for people with developmental disabilities.
The following are the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out these functions:
1. Provide individual support in the home or community setting as identified in the consumer’s Individualized Personal Plan.
2. Work closely with family members to identify needs and develop plans.
3. Develop opportunities for consumers to participate as valued and contributing members of the community. Facilitate positive interactive experiences within community settings.
4. Facilitate and develop activities to build relationships, skills, and experience in the community. Travel with and/or transport client throughout the local community.
5. Develop and expand consumer participation in typical and generic community activities chosen by the consumer, transport the consumer to various community locations.
6. Act as advocate on behalf of consumers served.
7. Complete required forms and accountability documentation, incident reports, case recordings, IPPs and other required documentation.
8. Maintain a professional relationship with consumers, family members, coworkers and others. Represent HOPE in the community in a professional manner.
9. Implement behavioral intervention plan when needed to assure consumer safety and promote learning. Coordinates consumer programming with Center’s activities, services, and staff.
10. Adheres to safety agency practices and policies.
11. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
12. Perform other duties as assigned, to assure efficiency of program services.
4 year degree preferred, plus one year of related experience working with people with disabilities, or an approved combination of experience and education.
Possession of a valid California driver’s license and clear driving record. Approval by Hope's insurance carrier may be required.
- Required Skills:
1. A belief that all people are valued members of the community.
2. An understanding of the principles of normalization and commitment to community integration.
3. Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of the team.
4. Excellent communication and documentation skills including use of computerized word program and data base.
5. Knowledge and understanding of alternative communication systems and assistive technology.
6. CPR and First Aid certification. Must be able to respond to first aid injuries, and perform Heimlich and CPR when alone with consumers in the community.
7. Positive and cooperative attitude toward a consumer driven service system working with developmentally disabled adults.
8. Ability to be flexible with scheduling and work in a consumer driven environment
9. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Salary: $15.50 - $18.75/hr Depending on experience
- Salary Grade: N/A
- Supervisory Responsibility: none
- Reports to: Program Coordinator
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to engage in extensive travel around town and in the consumer community; driving and use of public transportation where possible; exposure to climatic conditions, heat, cold, humidity, dampness, sun, pollens; lifting/carrying supplies for consumers to and from locations, walking, standing, pushing/pulling equipment and wheelchairs, visual/auditory acuity while supporting consumer in the community; position is community based and in local and consumer home community, climbing stairs to reach the consumer is occasionally necessary; work alone as well as closely with others, sitting for periods of time in meetings and use of office environment; produce work on computers/office equipment.
- Send Questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org