- Full Time
- Job Description:
To perform janitorial duties on a Federal Government contract alongside client workers, role model appropriate work skills and quality practices on the job.
To improve the quality of life for people with developmental disabilities.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out the following functions:
1. Perform Janitorial duties for buildings and related areas, to include but not limited to, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, cleaning windows and emptying trash cans.
2. Perform various duties related to floor cleaning and maintenance if assigned.
3. Provides training support to client workers in area of assignment.
4. General maintenance of grounds and other routine maintenance duties as assigned.
5. Maintain janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition.
6. Maintain janitor closets in a clean, organized and safe manner.
7. Proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals.
8. Wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment at all times.
9. Complies with all required safety practices.
10. Works as a cooperative member of the team.
11. Provides quality customer service to the client at all times.
12. Informs supervisor of any and all concerns related to the scope of work, operations and/or materials.
13. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
14. May perform other duties as assigned to assure efficiency of operations.
Must be at least 18 years of age. High School Diploma or GED. Experience working in an area of assignment. Possession of a valid California driver’s license and clear driving record.
- Required Skills:
1. Ability to communicate in a positive manner.
2. Basic computer skills
3. Knowledge and skills of janitorial tasks.
4. Basic knowledge of cleaning products or ability to learn.
5. Ability to stand and walk for extended periods.
6. Ability to lift and move up to 50 lb. loads
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Sick Time and more! In addition, we provide extensive training and ample career advancement opportunities through the award-winning Hope University,
- Salary: $14.15/hr
- Salary Grade: N/A
- Supervisory Responsibility: none
- Reports to: Program Coordinator
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires standing and walking for extended periods. Lifting up to 50lbs. Exposure to cleaning products/chemicals. Exposure to dirt and dust.
- Send Questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org