- Full Time
- Silicon Valley
- Job Description:
Bring your special talents and caring attitude to a job that will make all the difference in someone's life! Are you passionate about including people in all aspects of life? Do you love to inspire others and prefer to be on the go? Looking for meaningful work and not just a job? This may be the position for you! We seek dynamic people to work with adults with developmental disabilities. Help them build relationships and experiences in their homes and communities. Work independently within a small team. Flexible hours and shifts are available.
To support consumers in the home, implementation of individual service plan objectives, document progress, participate in client assessments, planning, and evaluation process.
- Provides social and recreational support to consumer in their home, neighborhood and home community.
- Provides consumer with companionship and friendship.
- Assists in the development and expansion of consumer participation in leisure activities.
- Ensures consumers integration into community activities, events and services.
- Assures a safe environment, provides protective supervision and advocacy.
- Assists with the development of a circle of support, build and maintain relationships with family, friends and neighbors.
- Provides daily living skills training and support, assists consumer in maintaining positive health and home.
- Provides transportation to consumer including public transportation, own car or as needed.
- Responsible for communicating all consumer related information to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
- May perform other duties as assigned to assure quality services to the consumer.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma, GED or equivalent, plus related experience working with people with disabilities in a rehabilitation environment, or approved combination of experience and education. Possession of valid California driver's license, clear driving record, and auto insurance are required. Completion and clearance of fingerprints for DOJ criminal background check, TB test, physician's report, First Aid and CPR certification required. Employee will be required to be fingerprinted and will be subject to clearance by the Department of Justice.
- Required Skills:
The ability to work independently and exercise good judgment and decision-making skills is essential
- Salary: To $16.05/hr
- Salary Grade: 3
- Supervisory Responsibility: none
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel in the consumers home neighborhood, providing physical and emotional support to the consumer in community based activities. Exposure to outdoor weather, dust and pollens. In the consumer's home, performing personal care tasks, use of typical home appliances and special assistive equipment as needed by the supported consumer.
- Email Resume to: email@example.com
- Mail resume to:
30 Las Colinas, San Jose, CA 95119
- Fax resume to: 408-284-2803
- Send Questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org