- Full Time
- Retail Openings
- Job Description:
To represent Hope Services at our retail thrift store and provide exceptional customer service. A Cashier will be responsible for (but is not limited to) assisting customers, handling merchandise, counting cash, ensuring safety in the store, keeping the area neat and tidy.
1) Greets customers in a courteous manner
2) Maintains positive customer and employee relations.
3) Performs cash register operation and follows opening/closing procedures.
4) Assists with picking/straightening up or arranging merchandise to ensure neat, clean and safe working environment.
5) Assists with inventory, display, merchandising and placement of stock on sales floor and mark-downs.
6) Maintains acceptable attendance, personal hygiene, and dress code standards.
7) May perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• Experience in fast-paced retail environment.
- Required Skills:
1) Ability to provide great customer service.
2) Ability to make quick decisions independently.
3) Ability to read, write and speak English (preferred) and have a basic math aptitude.
4) Ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
5) Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers and customers.
6) Ability to maintain a positive, friendly attitude and a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Sick Time and more! In addition, we provide extensive training and ample career advancement opportunities through the award-winning Hope University.
- Salary: $13.50/hr
- Salary Grade: 1
- Supervisory Responsibility: none
- Reports to: Assistant Store Manager
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an enclosed storeroom floor. Fast work pace with constant standing and walking,
the job involves light physical work demands requiring frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 10lbs. Large or heavy items are moved using appropriate material handling equipment and/or with assistance from co-worker. Safety handling procedures must be followed.
- Send Questions to: email@example.com