- Full Time
- Silicon Valley
- Job Description:
Provides assessment, planning and documentation of Mental Health Services as defined in the Santa Clara County Rehabilitation Option. Provides community resources and acts as an advocate with community resources.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out the following functions:
1. Assist client in obtaining and maintaining appropriate living situations.
2. Performs crisis intervention and evaluation for psychiatric hospitalization.
3. Provides medication education and compliance evaluation.
4. Coordinates and facilitates with other providers concerning medical, dental and mental health needs.
5. Obtains and maintains public benefits and resources.
6. Fully understand Santa Clara County Rehabilitation manual regarding service delivery and documentation of such services.
7. Provide case management on site and in the field. Provide group services as a co-leader to assist clients with personal, mental health, health related, educational, employment and social adjustment problems.
8. Follow the Wellness and Recovery Model to attaining mental health and life goals.
9. Assist clients in transitioning out of individual therapy into group work or the community.
10. Document notes, treatment plans, assessments such as CANS in the electronic health record and provide record for billing.
11. Provide1:1 individual rehabilitation under supervision, when necessary.
12. Understand and follow HOPE Services Policies and Procedures.
13. Conducts individual, behavioral and group counseling/rehabilitation on site and in the field to assist clients with personal, mental health, employment, educational, and social adjustment problems.
14. Develops and maintains public relations and networking within the community, HOPE sites, and with families.
15. Consults with primary care doctors, psychiatrists, therapists, nurses, lab technicians, police and Adult Protective Services to advocate and serve clients.
16. Acts as Representative Payee to ensure assigned clienteles rent and bills are paid in a timely manner.
17. Performs other duties as assigned to ensure efficiency of program services.
AA Degree preferred or equivalent plus one year of related experience working with people with disabilities in a rehabilitation environment.
- Required Skills:
1. Knowledge of computers, including the skill to enter clinical notes, treatment plans, and other documents in a sophisticated electronic health record for behavioral health.
2. Ability to communicate compassionately with clients with developmental disabilities and severe mental health needs and maintain longer-term professional relationship with clients
3. Capacity to co-lead group rehabilitation when necessary with an understanding of bio/psycho/social factors.
4. Ability to interface with a multi-disciplinary mental health team in an appropriate manner
5. Specialized expertise in case management or rehabilitation areas such as: medical or health concerns; understanding of suicidal impulses; lived experience with mental health needs/developmental disability, in self or family member; ability to motivate/train clients in physical exercise/weight management; wrap (wellness and recovery action plan) work; volunteerism; or other specific areas of knowledge that can be brought to the rehabilitation of clients.
6. Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing.
7. Ability to accept supervision and work cooperatively as a team member with co-workers as well as with the client and community resources.
8. Knowledge of substance abuse, mental illness, and developmental disabilities.
9. Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision making situations, good organizational and record keeping skills, and good independent judgment.
10. Knowledge of medication management.
11. Knowledge and ability to conduct group and to handle emergency situations.
12. Ability to be flexible with scheduling and prioritization of tasks.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans and more! In addition, we provide extensive training and ample career advancement opportunities through the award-winning Hope University.
- Salary: $16.00 - $28.00/hr depending on experience
- Salary Grade: 6
- Supervisory Responsibility: none
- Reports to: Program Manager
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Extensive amount of time driving and transporting clients in the local community, standing and walking. Exposure to dust, noise, pollens and various weather conditions; writing and computer work; frequent use of phones for consultation and follow-up. Occasional computer work for documentation, written notes.
- Send Questions to: email@example.com