- Part Time
- Silicon Valley
- Job Description:
As the leading provider of services to people with developmental disabilities in Silicon Valley for over 63 years, Hope serves more than 3,500 people and their families in six counties and provides essential programs for all ages, infants through seniors. Be a part of an organization that takes tremendous pride in maximizing our employee engagement!
The Administrative Assistant provides comprehensive administrative/secretarial support to multiple programs.
To improve the quality of life for people with developmental disabilities.
1. Typing and clerical work of a varied and specialized nature, including letters, memos, case histories, reports, lists, mailings, etc.
2. Assemble information from various sources and enter information onto a variety of forms and reports (including computer forms) such as purchase orders, invoices, check requests, sub hours, staff attendance, etc. and create additional forms as needed.
3. Maintain and process information and reports required for staff and client payroll, billing and invoicing. Maintain and verify program records, databases and files, i.e., client records, attendance, budget data, office files, staff/personnel records, etc.
4. Attends case review meetings and assures departmental compliance with record development and record keeping procedures and policies.
5. Answer phones, take messages, screen and distribute mail and use a variety of office machines, including computer, printer, copier, fax and calculator.
6. Attend staff meetings and take minutes when requested.
7. Provide clerical support to program staff and participate in agency support staff committee. Monitor and order office supplies and request maintenance or janitorial services.
8. Develop and maintain program handbook and desk procedure manual.
9. Assures completion of special projects as assigned.
10. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
11. Perform other duties, as assigned, to insure efficiency of program services.
Must love working with people who have developmental disabilities and understand the rich personal rewards that are inherent with this type of work.
High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent plus one year of related experience working in an office environment.
- Required Skills:
1. Knowledge of office methods, procedures and equipment.
2. Ability to organize time, set priorities and complete assignments.
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks.
4. Ability to relate with clients, public and staff in a positive manner.
5. Ability to exercise good judgement, self-pace and work with a minimum of supervision.
6. Basic computer knowledge in Windows 98, Work 97, Excel 97, and Access 97.
7. Type 55 wpm.
- Salary: $15.50 - $20.00/hr Depending on experience.
- Salary Grade: 4
- Supervisory Responsibility: no
- Reports to: Program Manager
- Mail resume to:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Typical office environment, equipment and tasks. Significant amount of time spent at computer station, typing, long periods of intense concentration. Constant review of documentation and reports, frequent phone use, constant interruption.
- Send Questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org