- Full Time
- Silicon Valley
- Job Description:
Oversees area scheduling, ensuring programs and activities are maintained. Provide services to people with disabilities, which will enable each client to achieve an optimum level of functional independence and will assure referral to special services as required. May, as assigned, provide vocational skills training and/or instruction on activities of daily living. Assures quality of services provided, are consistent with Hope’s mission and values.
To improve the quality of life for people with developmental disabilities.
1. Acts as a program monitor for assigned clients including communicating with families, presenting staffings, providing guidance to clients regarding work and personal problems, development and implementation of client’s incentive plans, providing on-going feedback regarding progress in program.
2. Writes assessments and develops individual program and person centered plans.
3. Develop, implement, and maintain teaching curriculums. Assures training is age appropriate, meaningful, and based on client needs.
4. Provides training and supports in personal self care, including assisting with activities of daily living, feeding, transferring, and toileting.
5. Completes all required paperwork, reports and documentation to assure services to client, customer, and funders are met according to standards.
6. Develop and implement meaningful activities in the community, including providing transportation to and from activities.
7. Provide training and support in offsite vocational settings and/or recreational settings.
8. Assure compliance with all safety and confidentiality standards.
9. Operates machinery and large equipment as needed to support clients and assure completion of tasks.
10. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
11. Performs other duties as assigned to assure the efficiency of the program.
High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent, plus one year of related experience working with people with disabilities in a rehabilitation environment. For licensed day programs: completion and clearance of fingerprints for criminal background check, TB test, physician’s report, and First Aid and CPR certification required (Training and Certification provided!)
- Required Skills:
1. Ability to understand and relate to individuals with disabilities, their families, the community and Hope personnel.
2. Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing.
3. Ability to develop and use curriculum and instructional media
4. Ability to teach good work habits and social skills to individuals with developmental disabilities.
5. Ability to utilize community resources for client instruction, outings and referrals as needed.
6. Basic computer knowledge.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Sick Time and more! In addition, we provide extensive training and ample career advancement opportunities through the award-winning Hope University,
- Salary: $15.50/hr
- Salary Grade: 4
- Supervisory Responsibility: none
- Reports to: Program Coordinator
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Time spent in a classroom setting in an educational environment. Regular trips in to the local community, providing transportation, driving large vans. Exposure to weather conditions, dust and pollens. Handling of materials, paper and supplies. Some computer work. Regular support and handling of personal care needs of others, exposure to bodily fluids. Occasional lifting and transferring to and from wheelchairs.
- Send Questions to: email@example.com